|Sirius Staffing Solutions is seeking a Foreman for a position located in the Aurora, ON.
- Supervise the operations of crushing equipment and spreads and handling of sand, soil and aggregate materials to achieve the required specified properties.
- Ensure the optimal efficiency of aggregate production operation while maintaining quality requirements.
- Operate heavy equipment such as: Loaders, excavators, haul trucks
- Proper screen selection capability
- Adjust and manage crushers
- Foreman should arrive prior to shift in order to walk the crushing line to determine how the line is running, any on-going projects or any other pertinent information the oncoming shift needs to be aware of
- Consult with prior shift and Management at the start of each shift to clarify daily priorities
- At the beginning of shift develop a to-do list for each employee using the most recent crushing line inspection, maintenance log and operating schedule
- Assign an employee each shift to conduct a thorough inspection and address any issue in a timely manner
- Foreman’s will spot check certain areas of this inspection to ensure that employees are conducting a thorough inspection
- Monitor samples and data to prevent problems and make necessary changes/corrections in a timely manner
- Foremen will perform audits frequently on Safety, SOP’s, Trainings, Production and Quality
- Foreman are expected to do timely reviews
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the companies Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Three (3) years of related experience
- Generic front line supervisor and other applicable common core modules are and asset
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to handle the weight handling of mass up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's license, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation
About Sirius Staffing Solutions:
At Sirius Staffing Solutions, we help talented people find rewarding temporary and full-time jobs with top employers Canada-wide. For more information, please visit us at www.sirius-staffing.com.