|On the behalf of our client, we are seeking an R&D Chemist for a position in the Newmarket area.
- Develop new formulations utilizing in-depth knowledge of chemical Ingredients and processes that meets the desired technical and aesthetic attributes specified by customers.
- Review project details, collaborate with sales staff and customers to assign tentative project completion dates
- Prepare lab batches of formulas needed for submitting samples for customer analysis within lab schedule, and reformulating / resubmitting them based on customer’s feedback.
- Maintain detailed and organized lab notebook with detailed observations while making lab batch.
- Develop detailed lab scale process for success including order of addition, critical raw materials and processing parameters, bench standard and benchmark, and lab scale preliminary specification and test results
- Provide technical support to sales staff and customer; participate on account teams and teleconferences
- Work closely with lab technicians, to teach, coordinate and collaborate on projects leading to well-planned and executed bench work and successful sample submissions
- Perform and monitor stability with lab technician, utilizing approved stability protocol, and re-formulate if initial formula is unstable.
- Meet with raw material vendors to learn about new technologies and new raw materials that can be utilized to create/improve the company's innovative technology offerings.
- Communicate all information regarding formulation, project status, costing, and results to all appropriate individuals, maintaining confidentiality requirements.
- Collaborate as a key team member across the R&D department, contributing innovative ideas, expertise, knowledge, experiences with strong team spirit, and pride in organization’s contribution to the company
- Perform/Monitor calibration and validation of all lab instruments with Lab Technicians.
- Maintain clean, safe and well-organized lab working area.
About Sirius Staffing Solutions:
- BS in Chemistry , Biology or related science discipline or higher
- 3-5 years R&D experience in Personal Care or related industry
- Hands on formulating experience necessary
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
At Sirius Staffing Solutions, we help talented people find rewarding temporary and full-time jobs with top employers Canada-wide. Please visit us at http://www.sirius-staffing.com to get more information!