|On the behalf of our client we are searching for a Health and Safety Business Partner.
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS, including OSHA, and environmental record keeping, safety action item register, safety conference calls, safety audits, and accident investigations ensuring compliance with all company, state and federal policy and procedure.
- Responsible for developing safety and environmental goals for the functions above.
- Responsible for developing, with facility managers, a capital spending program to ensure OSHA compliance and hazard elimination. Approves all OSHA AFEs concerning safety and monitors all requests for capital expenditures to ensure that they are compatible with corporate objectives and state and federal safety legislation.
- Partners with leadership and staff on policy development and in achieving loss control objectives and performing safety audits.
- Serves as or obtains safety expertise for the various plant functions in dealings with the OSHA.
- Reviews Supervisors’ Reports of Injury to ensure completeness and that appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence. Audits to ensure all injuries are properly reported.
- Develop programs and procedures to assist department managers in complying with Federal/EPA and dealing with Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know laws, including also the Hazard Communication Program as it pertains to employees.
- Develop and implement processes to reduce the injury rate. Specific programs to include the establishment of a “key concept” behavioral-based program, supervisor training, JSAs, and proactive safe practices.
- Manages site security, including Food Safety Defense program and other regulatory requirements in this area.
- Develop, update and implement security/loss control policies as they relate to employee, visitor, trucker and contractor activities while on plant properties.
- Develops strategies and plans to transform the plant to a 100% engagement culture “safety priority environment”
- Develops, implements, and administers hazard control methods, procedures, programs.
- Conduct and/or facilitate safety and environmental programs and OSHA required training and certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Business Management, Organizational Development, Engineering or Technical or related discipline required.
- Requires 5+ years in a manufacturing environment with experience implementing and managing Safety initiatives in a medium-to-large facility.
- Experience developing safety programs including working through high performance teams to successfully implement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with Environmental Compliance.
- 3-5 years Management / Supervisory experience
- Certified Safety Professional
About Sirius Staffing Solutions:
At Sirius Staffing Solutions, we help talented people find rewarding temporary and full-time jobs with top employers Canada-wide. Please visit us at http://www.sirius-staffing.com to get more information!