|On behalf of our client, we are searching for an Sr. Procurement Specialist for a position in Canada’s Arctic.
2 weeks in/2 weeks out flown from Montreal
- Identify suppliers of goods and services
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Monitor inventory to ensure the flow of goods remains positive
- Attend meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favorable to the company
- Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements
- Post Secondary Education in related field
- Proven experience working as a procurement specialist in the same area required
- 5-7 years mining industry experience
- Operations purchasing experience: Office Supplies, PPE, Sanitizers, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
About Sirius Staffing Solutions, Inc.:
At Sirius Staffing Solutions, we help talented people find rewarding temporary and full-time jobs with top employers Canada-wide Please visit us at http://www.sirius-staffing.com to get more information.